Hello beautiful people,
With the weather getting cooler, we tend to want to eat more comfort food which usually are unhealthy. But I’ve recently discovered cauliflower rice and its so delicious! So you get the best of both worlds, comfort food but not fattening. Here’s my easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe that you can mix up with whatever left overs you have and you can also add meat.
What you need:
- Coles or Woolworths Cauliflower Rice
- Green Beans
- Soy sauce
- Egg- optional
- Tofu- optional
Continue reading “Recipe: Cauliflower Fried Rice”
Hello lovely people,
One of my special followers reached out to me to share my nourish bowl recipe, you know who you are. To me a nourish bowl or buddha bowl is pretty much a bowl full of leftovers. You can put whatever you want in it and that’s just what I did with the bowl below. Disclaimer, this is not the healthiest nourish bowl, but you can put whatever you want and make it as healthy or as naughty as you want.
What you need:
- Coles Brown Rice and Quinoa (I find this is the best as it doesn’t bloat me like other brands)
- Cooked chicken
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Grated carrot
Continue reading “Recipe: Nourish Bowl aka Bowl Full of Leftovers”
Welcome to 2018! I’m sure loads of you have made your 2018 resolutions, to get fitter, eat healthier, save money and drink less alcohol. Well I’m here to help! Last year in the lead up to my wedding I went meal prep crazy! But I’m not gonna lie, I kinda loved it! Here’s my tips.
First off you need to have a think about what you’re going to eat throughout the week and make a list of what you need to buy. There tends to be some regulars on my shopping list; eggs, chicken breast, sweet potato, leafy greens, tomato, avocados and fruit. But you do you.
Sunday Meal Prep Afternoon
Saturday or Sunday morning are my shopping days and Sunday afternoon is my big cooking day. If I don’t do it on Sunday I’m just too tired and lazy to do it throughout the week. On Sunday I tend to do a big cook up of the following:
- Cajun Chicken Breast- If you can handle a bit of spice you need to try the Masterfoods Cajun Spice. I use it pretty much every week on my chicken. I tend to cook two chicken breasts and that provides me with 5 servings.
- Roasted sweet potatoes or pumpkin- I roast a bunch load of veggies for my salads and some dinners throughout the week. Roasting takes too long to do on a week night.
- Chickpeas- I don’t do this week but if I want a change I roast or pan fry some chickpeas. Alternatively if I remember, I ask mum to make hummus and it tastes delicious!
Continue reading “Back to Work Meal Prep Tips”