As most of you know, I decided to do my own makeup for the wedding. I’m such a control freak and know what I like so I wanted to do my makeup myself. No offence to makeup artists, but whenever I’ve had my makeup done I feel its too heavy and I don’t look like myself. On my wedding day, the key was to look like myself. So get a cup of tea, coffee or wine, its gonna be a long post!
Cover FX Blurring Primer*
Kat Von D Lock It Foundation* and Nude by Nature Flawless Foundation*
Unexpected combo but I really liked it. Both are medium to full coverage and last really well when used together. I mixed about a pump of each which was more than enough.
Thin Lizzy Crème Concealer- Pacific Sun*
Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit- Light*
Of course I wanted some extra chisel, so I used the dark shades to contour under my cheek bones and lightly on my forehead and jaw line.
Continue reading “Makeup of the Day: Bridal Makeup”
As you would have seen, I was very lucky to be gifted a lot of new products to try from Sephora. So of course I’ve been busy having a play. With this post, it’s a bit of a first impressions, so let me know if there’s anything you want a detailed review of.
Cover FX Blurring Primer*
This primer reminds me of the Benefit Porfessional. Very similar texture, look and finish.
Kat Von D Lock It Foundation* and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation
This is my go to combo for full coverage. I mix a bit of both and use a damp Beauty Blender to blend it all out.
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Concealer- Medium*
Now this isn’t my favourite under eye concealer. Yes its full coverage, but I think the reason I don’t love it is because it’s too light for me. Not a criticism of the concealer itself, but just a explanation why I don’t love it.
Continue reading “Makeup of the Day: Sephora New Releases”
As you all know I was late on the contouring bandwagon, but I’m quickly catching up! I was recently gifted the cult favourite, Australis Cream Contour Kit in Light*. Yes, I hear you, I’m not light however upon closer inspection of the shades they looked like they would be dark enough for my skin tone.
About the Australis Cream Contour Kit:
- Retails for $24.99
- Comes in a variety of shades; Light; Cool Toned, Warm Toned and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a Medium-Tanned palette
- Personally I find the shade selection overwhelming. I was also gifted the Cool Toned palette but it was a tad light for me, hence why I stuck to the Light palette
- Australis is also famous for the Powder Contour Kit, however I haven’t tried it
- Each contour palette comes with three highlighting shades, banana, salmon toned and light concealer shade
- Each palette also has three varying shades of contours, with the darkest in this palette looking more like a cream bronzer
- The highlight shades are quite difficult to work with as they are fairly hard. It would be better to apply the highlight shades with your finger to warm up the product
- The banana shade is great for highlighting but provides minimal coverage. You need to apply a concealer on top to hide dark circles
- The contour shades for some reason are a lot easier to blend
- On my skin tone the darkest shade was more of a bronzer, however the lighter shades are visibly cooler toned and would be more suitable for contouring
- Below are some photos of me using the highlight and contour shades- very subtle on me
Continue reading “Review: Australis AC on Tour Cream Contouring and Highlighting Kit”