Welcome to 2018! I’m sure loads of you have made your 2018 resolutions, to get fitter, eat healthier, save money and drink less alcohol. Well I’m here to help! Last year in the lead up to my wedding I went meal prep crazy! But I’m not gonna lie, I kinda loved it! Here’s my tips.
First off you need to have a think about what you’re going to eat throughout the week and make a list of what you need to buy. There tends to be some regulars on my shopping list; eggs, chicken breast, sweet potato, leafy greens, tomato, avocados and fruit. But you do you.
Sunday Meal Prep Afternoon
Saturday or Sunday morning are my shopping days and Sunday afternoon is my big cooking day. If I don’t do it on Sunday I’m just too tired and lazy to do it throughout the week. On Sunday I tend to do a big cook up of the following:
- Cajun Chicken Breast- If you can handle a bit of spice you need to try the Masterfoods Cajun Spice. I use it pretty much every week on my chicken. I tend to cook two chicken breasts and that provides me with 5 servings.
- Roasted sweet potatoes or pumpkin- I roast a bunch load of veggies for my salads and some dinners throughout the week. Roasting takes too long to do on a week night.
- Chickpeas- I don’t do this week but if I want a change I roast or pan fry some chickpeas. Alternatively if I remember, I ask mum to make hummus and it tastes delicious!
Continue reading “Back to Work Meal Prep Tips”
For 2017 I’m focusing on my health and wellness! So, what that really means is I’m making sure I eat well, drink loads of water, and work out regularly. With this goal in mind, The Beauty Chef products tick so many boxes! The Beauty Chef focuses on beauty from within, so basically if you have a clean gut you’ll have beautiful skin! I love that philosophy as its everything I agree with. I’ve been lucky enough to try a few of their Inner Beauty products and I wanted to share my thoughts with you all.
About Glow Advanced Inner Beauty Powder*
- I have the original Glow Powder and it looks like they only sell the Advanced formula now, so I can’t comment on the difference
- Retails for $59.95 which should be enough for approximately 30 servings. I swear I’ve used it more than 30 times!
- Certified organic ingredients
- Natural probiotic, which is perfect for your gut health!
- You can mix it with your water or smoothie. Personally, I mix it with my smoothie
- I didn’t expect it to taste nice and was pleasantly surprised! Its quiet sweet which is nice when mixed in with my banana and berry smoothie
- By including the Glow Powder in my daily smoothies, I feel full in the morning, less bloated and my skin is slowly clearing up
“Taking Glow Inner Beauty Powder to the next level is GLOW ADVANCED, a new and improved bio-fermented super-food beauty blend with more antioxidants, more minerals, more vitamins and extra probiotics designed to improve gut health and enhance the skin from the inside out.”
Continue reading “Brand Focus: The Beauty Chef (Inner Beauty Products)”
Hello lovely people,
With most of us back to work trying to get into a normal routine, personally I know how hard it is to organise my packed lunches. I’m a big fan of a packed lunch! If I had to buy lunch every day for a week I would spend a minimum of $50 a week and lets be real a good salad is at least $13 so it would be more than $50 a week! Anyway, here are my meal planning tips so we can all be organised, have a yummy lunch and save some dollars.
Plan your meals
Make a rough idea of what meals you’ll be eating throughout the week including dinners. That way you’ll know what days you’ll have left overs as well.
Shopping lists come in handy to keep you on track and get everything you need. Of course there’s times when I still run to the shops to get a few extra things but most of the time a weekly shop is enough.
Sunday prep day
Sunday is my day to prepare my lunches. Usually we have a Sunday roast, so automatically that’s my left overs for Monday lunch. While my roast is cooking I prepare salad stuff and cook some chicken or boil some eggs. I put all the salad stuff in individual take away boxes and don’t put any dressing on it, to keep it fresh. I usually make salads for 3 day in advance, anymore and the salad can look a bit limp.
Continue reading “Meal Planning Tips”