I’m back! Or at least trying to make an effort to get back to blogging. Apologies for the delay, mum life got the better of me and if I’m completely honest I haven’t really had the time or funds to try new makeup to review for you. Anyway I was kindly gifted the new Bite Beauty complexion range which I was curious to try. This is the first time Bite Beauty has delved into the complexion space so I was keen to see if it lives up to their high standards. The new range is cruelty free and vegan.
Changemaker Skin-Optimizing Primer- Normal to Oily – $52 AUD or $38 USD
“A clean, high-performance primer, with skin-optimizing technology, to neutralize your skin type and grip foundation for flawless, lasting wear.”
- Also available in a Hydrating formula- which I haven’t tried so can’t comment on its effectiveness.
- The primer feels similar to Benefit Porefessional but not as siliconey.
- I tried the primer with the Bite Beauty Foundation and other foundations and found it just doesn’t have the staying power required for an oily gal.
Changemaker Supercharged Micellar Foundation – $57 AUD or $39.50 USD
“A clean, high-performance foundation with gentle micellar technology to mimic skin texture for a natural, flawless finish. Buildable medium coverage in 32 longwearing shades.”
- I was gifted shade T135 which is quite dark for my face however matches my body so I can make it work.
- I applied the foundation with my fingers as recommended by the Bite Beauty website. I found it was a bit patchy but that could be because the shade is a tad dark for me. I found its best applied with a sponge for light coverage or a brush for fuller coverage.
- The foundation has a demi matte finish.
- At the 3 hour mark my makeup looked luminous in a good way.
- Around 8-9 hours I was noticeably oily in person, but the makeup didn’t look too bad in photos. On a positive the foundation didn’t seem to break down in the T-zone, just looked oily.
Changemaker Flexible Coverage Pressed Powder – $52 AUD or $37 USD
“A clean, talc-free powder, made with finely milled volcanic minerals, to blur, mattify and touch up on the go.”
- For the powder I used the shade Tan 2 which was a good shade match.
- The powder is finely milled so it’s not cakey at all.
- I find its best to apply the powder using a big fluffy brush and circular motions to buff it in. I typically push powder into my skin but because this powder has colour it made it look splotchy.
As you can see the primer is a miss, the foundation is a maybe- would need to trial more with other primers and the powder is a yes! Hope you found my review helpful and please let me know if you have any questions x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.