Thank you for all your support and advice since Harry was born. I filmed this What’s in my Hospital Bag IGTV a week before I was induced. Now two weeks later here’s the update of what I didn’t use- eek!
Click here to check out my IGTV; What’s in my Hospital Bag?
View this post on Instagram
I’ve since updated what I didn’t use so make sure to click the link in my bio for the blog post. Here’s some of the links to what’s in my hospital bag: @kmartaus male undies @bondsaus female undies and onesies @ultraceuticals skincare @madetomilk location cookies @carmanskitchen muesli bars #hospitalbag #hospitalbagessentials #myhospitalbag #pregnancystyle #pregnant #pregnantlife #maternitystyle #38weekspregnant
The items I didn’t end up using:
- Towels- the hospital provides you towels and to be honest you’re so bloody after you don’t want to use your own. Still keep a spare one for dad just in case.
- Swaddles- the hospital provides this.
- Baby clothes- Harry just wore the hospital ones including singlet until we left the hospital. Just make sure to pack a home outfit and maybe a back up.
- Skincare- I used some not all. I used; cleanser, hydrating serum, moisturiser, lip balm, body wash and Lansinoh was my nipple saviour!
- Clothes for me- I didn’t end up using my dresses, I just wore the hospital gown during birth. After birth I lived in my nighty which was great as it had buttons down the front.
- Sleeping Eye Mask- I slept heaps but didn’t need this.
- Gel Breast Discs- Didn’t need it and still have’t used them.
- iPad- Surprising I didn’t use the iPad, but still think its worth to bring.
- Snacks- We ate a bit but not a lot. In the Birthing Suite they don’t encourage you to eat so the snacks were for before and after birth.
- Belly Band- I only started using this 4 days postpartum and to be honest I still forget to use it.
So there you have it! Hope you find this helpful or can at least refer to it when you need it. I still recommend packing extra- better safe than sorry but don’t get carried away x
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.