So I caved and bought the Huda Beauty Overachiever Concealer. It was popping up everywhere on Instagram and if I’m completely honest I just added it to my cart to get free shipping haha!!
View this post on Instagram
Our newest baby @hudabeauty #overachieverconcealer ✨ is launching tomorrow my loves! ❤ I can’t wait for you guys to try it! The coverage is insane and it has amazing build ability, from light to full coverage!Also it is armed with skincare actives that not only conceal but also nourish the skin. 🧡🧡🧡
Anyway, let’s actually see if its worth all the hype. What does Huda Beauty say about the Overachiever Concealer;
“Launching our new full coverage creamy concealer, armed with skincare actives and a cooling zamac tip.
Developed with tired eyes and long nights in mind, the formula works to disguise the appearance of dark circles, redness, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and discoloration with a beautiful luminous-matte finish.”
- Retails for $30USD or $44 AUD
- Available in 20 shades
- I used the Find Your Shade function on the Sephora website and found that the shade they matched me to would have been a better match if it was a foundation. Using the shade that they recommended I then decided on a lighter shader about 5 shades lighter to ensure it would be highlighting under the eyes. Just something to keep in mind if you use the Find Your Shade function. I also googled swatches as well which really helped with deciding that Graham Cracker was the right shade for me.
- The shade had a bit of a pink/ peach undertone which I found really helped brighten and neutralise the under eye area.
- I like that it has a cool applicator and it comes in a squeezy tube which makes it super easy to apply.
- The coverage is medium to full- buildable without being cakey.
- However I do find it can cling to dry patches so make sure you moisturise before applying the concealer. I also make sure to prime with the Becca Under Eye Primer.
- I also make sure to set the concealer with a powder and with this combo I find it doesn’t crease or look cakey at all. It also lasts all day and night long.
While I do think its a great under eye concealer I don’t think it warrants the price tag. I still prefer my Maybelline concealer, or maybe that’s just me being stingy. If you are wanting a new concealer to try and don’t mind spending a bit then you should check out the Huda Beauty Overachiever Concealer, otherwise just stick with what works well for you.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!