Everyone and their mum on Instagram was raving about the Murad Age Reform Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence*, but always the sceptic I was hesitant to try it. Over the past couple of months I’ve tried more and more from the Murad brand and have been impressed with everything I’ve tried so I thought I better try Murad’s best selling Hydrating Serum.
“This high-performance moisture booster provides immediate hydration whilst improving the skin’s ability to retain moisture. 100% instantly saw smoother, silkier, more supple skin texture. 94% saw plumper, more resilient skin with a visible boost in bounce.”
- Retails for $139 AUD for 30ml or $78 USD for 30ml
- I was surprised to see Glycolic Acid included as one of their ingredients, approximately 5th on the ingredient listing. Not a negative since I love Glycolic Acid, just surprised since this essence is targeted at hydrating the skin and Glycolic Acid is a chemical exfoliant.
- After cleansing my face at night, I use about 2 to 3 pumps of the essence and apply it to my skin like any other serum. I then finish it off with a moisturiser.
- You can use this morning and night, however I only use it in the evening. If you have dry or dehydrated skin you’d be better off to use it twice a day.
- I found that this essence layered really well with other serums. Sometimes I would apply a Retinol first then apply the essence and lock it all in with a moisturiser.
- The essence itself has no noticeable scent.
- When you pump it out onto your fingers it looks like a white serum, however once applied I find it feels a bit silicony and similar to Benefit Porefessional but not as silicony. It doesn’t feel uncomfortable or anything like that, it just didn’t feel as hydrating as I expected.
I found with regular use every evening for the past 2 months my skin hasn’t been dehydrated or flaky. The only negative I found and I’m really knit picking is, I found it didn’t help with clearing up my acne and blemishes. Its still a great serum, and I absolutely love using it but I just wished it helped clear up my blemishes as well.
I’ve listed some of my other Murad reviews in case you wanted to check them out.
- Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum*
- Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment*
- Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peel*
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!