My very generous and amazing friend Camille from On A Beauty Bender kindly gifted me the Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Primer. As I haven’t tried any of the Smashbox primers I was super keen to give this a go. Just a quick disclaimer, I have oily combo skin.
What Smashbox says about the Photo Finish Radiance Primer:
“This moisturizing face primer gives you an instant golden-hour glow. It has a satin-smooth formula that illuminates, perfects & enhances radiance while hydrating for better makeup application.”
- Retails for $57 AUD or $39 USD
- Contains hyaluronic acid and shea butter to help blur imperfections.
- The texture had a slightly (ever so slight) silcone feel, which I didn’t mind as I thought it would be great to blur and minimise my pores. It also feels very lightweight in comparison to MAC Strobe Cream.
- The colour is not as gold/ bronze as it looks on the packaging and would suit all skin tones.
- Once blended into the skin my skin look noticeably radiant and luminous, without looking like a disco ball. However it wasn’t as radiance as those glow drops that everyone keeps using as their base.
- I think it would also look great by itself over a moisturiser.
- Below I’m wearing the Radiance Primer, and ask you can see by the time I applied my mattifying foundation and powder it wasn’t as noticable.
- I also applied a bit of the primer as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. It was very subtle which is great on no makeup makeup days, but for this look I wanted a bit more highlight so I applied a powder highlight over the top.
So while I liked this primer, I didn’t love it. To be fair its says on the packaging its suitable for normal to dry skins and I agree with this. As an oily combo gal, I found it did nothing to help keep my oils at bay. I looked noticably oily after 3 hours- and it hasn’t even been hot! If you have normal to dry skin, I recommend checking this out. I also prefer the texture of this primer over the MAC Strobe Cream.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!