Not gonna lie, I’m a bit old fashion and love a good old fashion physical exfoliant, so long as there’s no micro beads and its not going to damage my skin. When Sukin launched their new Coffee and Coconut Exfoliating Facial Masque* I was intrigued. Physical exfoliation but in a mask form, lets see how it works.
- Retails for $16.95 AUD
- Suitable for all skin types, as its non drying
- Contains no nasties, like all their products
- No microbeads, you get the exfoliation from the coffee particles
- I think it smells more chocolatey than coffee and coconut, but not in a sickly way
- I found that there’s 2 ways you can use this mask. First as a normal face mask, apply on clean skin, leave to dry for 15 minutes, then gentle rinse off using circular motions.
- However I prefer to use it as traditional exfoliator with a bit of masking. When I’m in the shower, I cleanse my face then apply this to my face. I then continue washing my hair and body and when I’m done I then massage and rinse off the mask.
I’ve become slightly addicted to this mask and use it about 2 times a week. Its recommended to be used once a week, but honestly its hard to stop after one use. I love to use it before a special event, to ensure my face is super clean and plump or after a long day wearing makeup to ensure all traces are removed. Its great because my skin feels clean but not dry, which comes back to the coconut used in the mask. I also find that after using the mask, my face looks noticeably brighter.
If you’re after a new mask of exfoliator you really should check this out. Its super gentle and not stripping.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!