Normally I wouldn’t review any skincare product soon, but since I’ve been using the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Light Therapy Spot Treatment* for the past month, so much so that I’ve had to replace the battery I think its fair to say I’ve really trialled it out long enough to form an opinion.
About the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Light Therapy Spot Treatment:
“This two-minute Spot Treatment harnesses the power of blue light to target acne-causing bacteria and red light to reduce inflammation. The easy-to-use portable design is ideal to treat pimples anytime-anywhere.”
- Retails for $39.99 AUD (currently 40% off at Priceline until 22 October 2018)
- The Spot Treatment uses the same technology as their Light Therapy Acne Mask but in a pen form so you can target any pesky blemishes.
- There’s pros and cons with the small pen form. Pros you can target blemishes better. Cons, you have to hold it on the blemish while the mask just goes over your face as if you were were sunglasses. Also light therapy is great for anti-aging so there’s no harm using it all over your face.
- I use it after I’ve washed my face and applied all my skincare. I then turn the pen on, and hold it on any blemishes until it turns off. The pen turns off after 2 minutes.
- You can use the pen on one spot up to 3 times a day.
- It is battery operated using a AAA battery. A bit disappointing its not rechargeable but I guess that’s why its $39.99 not $250.
- I think its really affordable for what it does. A great affordable option to the Foreo UFO or regular Omnilux sessions.
Unfortunately I’ve had to use the pen regularly over the past month, so much so that I’ve just had to replace the battery. I’ve found it really easy to use especially while lying down and watching TV. I’ve found with regular use it really has helped reduce the size of my blemishes and my skin heals a lot quicker. The down side is that it hasn’t helped with my acne scaring yet.
As you can tell, I bloody love this pen! I highly recommend picking this up if you suffer from blemishes. I love this so much that now I want to get the mask as well.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!