Remember when Smashbox launched their Photo Finish Primer Water about a year ago? Since then they have launched limited edition Photo Finish Primer Waters in 3 different scents. My beautiful friend Camille from On a Beauty Bender kindly gifted me this, so I thought why not, lets give it a go.
To be honest, I didn’t really expect much from it. I was never fussed about the original, as I thought it must be gimmicky. But hey, I got so I may as well try it. While compiling this review, I did some research and was surprised to learn that the original Photo Finish Primer Water is one of Smashbox’s best sellers, so clearly many people love it.
Overall Thoughts about the Photo Finish Primer Water:
- Retails for $46 AUD or $32 USD, both the original and limited edition scents
- Available from Mecca in Australia and Sephora US
- Both the original and the limited edition scents are vegan
- The mist itself is extremely fine that sometimes I need to double check I’ve actually sprayed it
- Its lightly coconut scented- not overpowering and cheap like other coconut smelling beauty products
- The way that I tend to use it is, apply my skincare, a few spritzs of the primer water, apply a pore minimising or long wearing primer then continue with makeup and sometimes I use the spray again to make my face look less powdery
- I find in the cooler weather as my skin has been dryer that this priming water has been amazing! I honestly didn’t expect to love it. It makes applying my makeup a breeze, makeup literally glides on.
- If you have dry skin, you definitely need this in your life!
- I don’t use the spray to “set” my makeup, however sometimes when I feel I look too powdery I’ll spritz this and I feel it makes my makeup look more radiant and less powdery. Please don’t mistake this for a setting spray as it won’t help prolong the wear of your makeup.
- I’ve been loving it with the new IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Matte as I’ve found that this spray is the only one that works beautifully with it.
- Below I’ve used the Primer Spray pre makeup application.
As you can see I absolutely love this spray! Totally didn’t expect to, but its so amazing! My lovely friend Rosa from Lipstick N Linguine also said the original priming spray makes her look very dewy. So if you have oily skin, I think its best to stick with the limited edition scents. While I found the So Chill Coconut scent made me look radiant, it didn’t make me oily through the day which is exactly what I was after.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!