When I saw The Jojoba Company launched a new face oil targeted at oily skin that could also minimise oil production, I was like, gimme! As an oily/ combo skin gal, I’m always a bit weary about face oils and will never wear it them during the day. But since this face oil is meant to minimise oil production I wanted to put it to the test. Let me introduce The Jojoba Company Oily Skin Balancer*
About The Jojoba Company Oily Skin Balancer:
- Retails for $39.95 for 30ml
- Contains Jojoba of course! And other beautiful natural ingredients; Nile Lily, bakuchiol, juniper berry oil, parsley seed oil and grapeseed oil.
- The breakthrough ingredient in this oil is the Nile Lily which has skin firming and antioxidant properties to help improve skin texture, elasticity and softness, while controlling oil production.
- This product is clinically proven to visibly reduce pore size, however I haven’t noticed any reduction in pore size. Then again I don’t think I have large pores.
- It is also clinically proven to reduce sebum by 37% in 30 minutes. While I can’t say it reduces oil within 30 minutes, I find this oil doesn’t actually make me oily. It absorbs immediately into my skin, which comes back to the Jojoba Oil which is actually a wax ester and not an oil.
- Because of the Jojoba I can wear this during the day, under makeup and don’t need to worry about my makeup sliding off.
- I found when I first started using it, it did bring a few blemishes to the surface. Don’t get me wrong, it didn’t break me out, it just helped purify and clear my skin.
- The instructions were not clear in terms of how much to use, but I contacted the brand and they recommend using 1 to 2 drops. I found 1 drop wasn’t enough to spread across my face, 2 is perfect. I’ve also used about 4 drops during the night and didn’t find it heavy, and it didn’t cause any break outs.
- It is recommended to apply it on damp skin. Your skincare routine should look like this: cleanse, eye cream, water based serums, The Jojoba Company Oily Skin Balancer, followed by moisturiser.
I’ve really enjoyed using this face oil. Its very different to other face oils I’ve used, and I love that is just sinks into the skin. If you’re oily/ combo you have to try this! If you have drier skin you’re better off with their original Jojoba Oil formula- which is still great for oiler skin types.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!