Yet again I’ve been living under a rock! Did you know Foreo introduced a new device called the UFO? No, don’t worry I didn’t know as well. When I was at the Sephora Showcase I was shown the new Foreo UFO*. And let me just say, I was blown away! It integrates technology and skincare, and is pretty dang cool!
What is the Foreo UFO?
A transcendent smart mask treatment, UFO combines advanced dermal technologies with exclusive Korean mask formulas for a decadent facial treatment in seconds. Experience the beauty of innovation, and transform your complexion with UFO.
What does it do?
UFO instantly infuses mask essence deep below the skin’s surface for better, longer-lasting results while at the same time delivering a dynamic photofacial. A truly transformative skincare experience, this is the end of sheet masks as we know it.
The Heating treatment softens the skin and opens the pores, infusing mask essence into the deepest layers of the skin. The Cooling treatment lifts and firms while shrinking the appearance of pores and reducing inflammation. T-sonic Pulsations facilitate deeper absorption of the serum while providing a soothing facial massage.
A full spectrum of LED lights help enhance the skin: Red LED erases signs of ageing and stimulates collagen production for younger-looking skin. Green LED brightens a dull complexion and evens skin tone for an instant boost of radiance. Blue LED targets acne-causing bacteria and stimulates blood circulation for a healthier-looking complexion.
- The Foreo UFO Mini device retails for AUD $257
- You then need to buy the pack of sheet masks, which range from AUD $15- $30 for a pack of 7
- The sheet masks, are like mini sheet masks in the shape of a round circle to fit perfectly over the gold disc
- The Foreo UFO is available from Sephora, Adore Beauty and Myer
- Its also rechargeable via a USB. Like their other products, it rarely needs charging which is amazing!
- Its also completely waterproof and after using it all you need to do is simply rinse under a tap
- When you first use the UFO, you need to download the app onto your phone. Its available both via Apple and Google Play.
- To be honest the first time using it was a bit tricky, the buttons are not clear and the app is a bit overwhelming. Then again I’m pretty hopeless with technology and was probably making it more complicated then it had to be.
- To turn it on, you scan the sheet mask barcode, then press the button and follow the instructions as per the app.
- The app talks to you in a soothing voice and plays relaxing music. It really is like having a facial. The downside is, don’t do it while watching TV or around people.
- All you have to do is follow the app’s instructions, which tells you what’s happening ie. the lights are changing colour, its going to heat up, vibrate and when to move the device.
- The full cycle takes 90 seconds, however you can repeat.
- I find that with the Mask Make My Day sheet mask dried up quicker than the Mask Call it a Night. With both, I could use the mask twice (in one sitting) and found that after using the Mask Call it a Night my skin still had loads of serum left over which was great! No need to apply any more serums after, but I do apply some moisturiser to lock it all in.
- I’ve also tried the UFO with no sheet mask, just my normal serum and it didn’t really do anything. My serum just dried up really quickly. However I found it did work when I applied my serum and moisturiser. I think it needs quite a bit of moisture to help the UFO glide against the skin.
I’ve been enjoying doing this once a week. I find the music and soothing voice a great way to unwind after a long day. After regular use I find my skin is looking clearer, the texture is smoother and its helping to speed up the healing process of any active breakouts. Ben has also commented on how radiant my skin looks after using the UFO mini.
There is also a full sized Foreo UFO and to be clear I have reviewed the mini. To be honest, I can’t seem to see any differences. The full sized Foreo UFO is $395 so if you are interested in picking up this bad boy, I recommend going with the mini.
While its an expensive device, I’ve honestly enjoyed using it. Its a great cheaper alternative to in salon light therapy- then again it is a lot smaller so its probably not as effective. Still I’m so happy with the results and love that I can do this in the comfort of my own home.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!