You asked for it, so here it is! My review of the Cover FX Dewy Finish Setting Spray*. To be honest I don’t really see how the new Dewy Finish Setting Spray is different from their existing Illuminating Setting Spray.
About the Dewy Finish Setting Spray:
“Dewy Finish Setting Spray weightlessly sets makeup, imparts a dewy, hydrated glow, and ensures all-day makeup wear. This quick-drying, 100% alcohol-free formula is designed to provide a hydrated finish while keeping your foundation, blush, eyeshadow, and concealer in place without feeling sticky, greasy, or drying.”
About the Illuminating Setting Spray:
“Ready. Set. Glow! This alcohol-free setting spray provides instant illumination while giving your makeup serious staying power. The ultra-fine mist application delivers an even, luminous finish making this a perfect all-over highlighter for both face and body– and the more you mist, the more intense you glow.”
To be honest they sound very similar. The only key difference I noticed was the Dewy Finish is cruelty free and vegan. However from my understanding I thought the whole Cover FX brand was cruelty free- correct me if I’m wrong…
- Retails for $31 USD or $45 AUD (I think)
- Available from Sephora. The new Dewy Finish Setting Spray is not on Sephora Australia just yet, but will be available in the coming weeks
- Just a reminder I have oily/ combo skin. Realistically if I was to purchase a setting spray, this wouldn’t be my first pick. I’m all about a mattifying setting spray and absolutely love the Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray and even wore it on my wedding day!
- With the Dewy Finish Setting Spray, the spray is super fine. Just below, you can see my makeup freshly applied and using the Dewy Spray. As you can see I don’t look dewy at all. I even spritzed more than I usually would- but still no dewyness.
- Over time when my natural oils come through I notice the finish ends up looking more dewy- however I don’t think that’s with the help of the spray.
- Below is my makeup after 5 hours and you can see there is more luminosity but not overly dewy.
- After 8 to 10 hours I notice my makeup looks luminous, a tad oily but overall no movement of makeup which is a win.
Overall I think this setting spray is a bit of a dud. I don’t think it provides enough dewyness considering its meant to create a dewy finish. I find MAC Fix + is better for that, however MAC Fix + is not a setting spray. I have tried the Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray once and find that its more luminous and dewy. So if you’re after a dewy/ illuminating setting spray I recommend going with the Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!