I really am the worst beauty blogger, firstly I didn’t know that Becca launched their new Be A Light Palette* and secondly I wasn’t even excited about it. But I was kindly gifted the palette from the Sephora Showcase so I thought I better try it out and find out what all the fuss is about.
About the Becca Be a Light Palette:
A full face, finishing palette infused with innovative Light Diffusing Technology in 4 finishes.
- Retails for $46 USD or $78 AUD.
- Available from Sephora or direct from the Becca website. Its also just launched on the Sephora Australia website.
- The palette comes in two shades; Light to Medium or Medium to Dark
- When I read the description I automatically was reminded of the Hourglass Ambient Powders. It looks to me that these Becca powders are trying to compete with Hourglass…
- Lucky for me I was gifted Medium to Dark. When I first looked at the palette I thought it was going to be too light.
- As I didn’t really know much about the palette I had to research what to actually do with it. The two big powders are to brighten and blur. You can mix them together to get the right face shade, which I love the concept. I’m wearing them together to set my foundation below. There is a contour shade, which is very small and personally I think its better as a bronzer. And the blush again is tiny, but is a beautiful winter shade, reminds me of MAC Warm Soul.
- With the brighten and blur shades, I found them a tad dark for me. I also found it a bit too mattifying for my skin and it clung to dry patches- not happy.
Overall I don’t love the palette and think its overrated, then again I haven’t really heard much about it. Out of the palette I only really liked the blush, then again I have plenty of other blushes. So disappointing as this is the only Becca product I didn’t love. If you’ve tried it let me know your thoughts x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!