Am I the only person not to have tried the original IT Cosmetics CC Cream? To be honest there’s a few reasons why, mainly that every time I go to buy it they’re sold out at Sephora and the old colour range is quite limited. I’ve also tried the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in the Illumination formula and to be honest I wasn’t that impressed, since it’s not suited to my oily skin (here’s the review in case you want to check it out). But when I heard that IT Cosmetics was bring out a Matte version of their best selling CC Cream, I was like gimme!
About IT Cosmetics CC Oil Free Matte*
- Available for $38 USD in Sephora US and will be available in Sephora Australia in September
- They’ve expanded their colour range to include 12 shades which is fantastic!
- I was colour matched with the shade Rich. I also own Rich in the Illumination formula and notice that they are definitely different shades
- Same classic packaging, but with a blue trimming so you can set it apart from the others (original is all silver, illumination is pink)
- To apply I tend to use a damp Beauty Blender or the IT Cosmetics Buffing Brush
- I find it doesn’t take too long to blend out
- The coverage is light to medium. My blemishes and discolouration peak through so I spot conceal with the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout* which I love!
- I find the finish is not a true matte, and has a velvety finish which I don’t hate
- In terms of wear time I think it does a great job! Around the 7 hour mark is when I notice oils coming through around the T zone, but no movement of my makeup. I’ve also shared on Insta Stories a 13 hour check in and my makeup still looks great, only minor touch ups required.
- I also find, it works better without a setting spray. If you need extra setting power, use a powder no spray.
- Now the only negative is the colour match. I tried to make Rich work but its still too orange! I even had the same problem with the Illumination formula- possibly worse. The lighter shade Tan looks to be too grey tone, so it doesn’t look like I have a colour match.
Below, is before, no makeup, just skin. As you can see my skin is not its best, but a great way to see how much coverage the CC cream provides.
Here’s the after using the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Matte and Bye Bye Breakout to spot conceal. I know it doesn’t seem to look orange in this photo, but I promise its really orange in real life. Ben has said to throw it out because its way too orange.
Overall I think it’s a great foundation/ CC cream, I just wish there were more shades. I’m going to try and see if I can mix it with other foundations as I really love the formula. If you’re normal to oily then you should definitely check out this foundation.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!