Are you like me, and always on the hunt for finding away to prolong the wear of your makeup? Well I’ll try anything. I feel like I’ve tried so many foundations, powders and setting sprays- some work, most don’t. So when Revlon launched their new Photoready Prep Set Refresh Mist Primer Spray* I was a bit sceptical.
What Revlon says about their new Photoready Prep Set Refresh Mist Primer Spray:
- Prime: Spray before applying makeup to create a smooth, even canvas
- Set: Spray after application to set your freshly applied makeup look all day without fading or smudging
- Refresh: Reapply spray throughout the day to refresh your skin and maintain a perfected finish
- Retails for $21.95 AUD for 56mls
- I tried it firstly as a setting spray and found that it didn’t de-powder my makeup look. Does that make sense? You know when you can look a bit cakey, or powdery when you first apply your makeup and then you use a setting spray or MAC Fix + to makeup it look more luminous, well I find the Revlon spray helps a bit but not a lot. You can see the spray freshly applied in the first photo.
- For longevity as a setting spray, I find it doesn’t help too much. Maybe a little bit but hard to tell since its winter. In the last photo, that’s my makeup after a couple of hours after using the Revlon spray. As you can see I’m quite “luminous”.
- So I then tried it as a primer and setting spray combo and preferred it more. I liked using it as a primer as it added some more hydration. And then to set the makeup I found that by layering it, it helped prolong my makeup a little longer.
- In terms of the mist itself there’s no scent and it’s a really fine mist.
Overall I found it to be an average spray and to be honest its not my favourite Revlon product. If you had dry skin, then this could be a good option for you.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!