Sorry for the delay with sharing my thoughts on some of the new skincare products I’ve been trialling. As promised here’s my thoughts on the Shu Uemura Porefinist2 Sakura Refreshing Cleansing Oil*.
What Shu Uemura says about their new cleansing oil, “New POREfinist2 cleansing oil removes makeup and deep cleans pores, while leaving the skin feeling hydrated and refreshed, preparing it to fully enjoy makeup. An incredibly lightweight cleansing oil that leaves the skin clean, fresh and refined. Ideal for normal to oily skin types and acne-prone skin.”
- Available in 2 sizes, 150ml for $50 AUD or $450ml for $112 AUD
- So it turns out I was using the cleansing oil wrong. I thought 1 pump was more than enough. I was then advised by the Education Manager for Shu that the best way to use the cleansing oil, is to apply 3 to 4 pumps into the palms of my hand, then massage into dry skin (with makeup on).
- I find 3 pumps is enough- a lot more than I previously used but definitely more effective.
- While I’m massaging the oil into my skin, I’m waiting in the shower for the water to heat up, think of it as a mini facial opening up your pores. I then add a bit of water to emulsify it. They advised you can simply use water to remove the cleansing oil, however I find its more effective to use a muslin cloth to remove all traces of makeup.
- I’ve found by using this technique its even more effective at removing makeup. It’s also amazing at removing eye makeup. If I use the cleansing oil out of the shower, and over the skin its not as effective. Definitely try using the cleansing oil in the shower.
- I also love that its non-drying and hasn’t broken me out.
- Its also more light weight than other cleansing oils I’ve tried, including other Shu ones. And if I’m completely honest, its my favourite cleansing oil I’ve ever tried.
While its targeted for acne and oily skin types, it’s definitely suitable for everyone. If you’re on the market for a new cleansing oil, that is light weight and effective you have to check out this cleansing oil.
Here’s my review of the other Shu cleansing oil I’ve tried in case you want a comparison. You’ll notice it’s also positive, but having tried this newer formula I definitely prefer this one.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!