Who’s was/ is excited about the LÓreal X Balmain collaboration? If I could insert emojis right now, I would include the one of the woman with her hand in the air. The LÓreal X Balmain collab* would have to be one of the most exciting beauty launches last year and most recently in Australia.
Olivier Rousteing, creative director of Balmain Paris collaborated with LÓreal to develop 12 couture matte lipstick shades that was all about empowering women. For me I loved all the marketing campaign as it featured a culturally diverse range of women, however it would have been great to include some models of different shapes and sizes- just saying…
Anyway, onto the lipstick swatches.
- Available in 12 shades- pinks and nudes to your bold reds, purples and blue
- Personally I don’t love the shades, I would have liked them to have been more wearable (which there are still plenty of options)
- I found the shade Confidence too light for me, and I didn’t like that it had glitter particles
- With the shade Glamazon I found it very similar to the L’Oreal Color Riche Matte in Greige Perfecto, however more grey and cool tone
- And with the shade Rebellion I found it applied a bit patchy, but it could be because my lips were a bit dry
- Retails for $24.95 AUD, however I have seen a few promotions at Chemist Warehouse featuring the lipsticks at half price
- The packaging is divine and unique
- The formula is the same as the L’Oreal Color Riche Matte range- which I love. I share a detailed review here, in case you want to check it out
Overall I liked the collection, but didn’t love. The red and nude shades are up my alley, but with my extensive lipstick collection I didn’t really feel the need to buy more. Hope you appreciate my honest feedback x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!