Who’s was/ is excited about the LÓreal X Balmain collaboration? If I could insert emojis right now, I would include the one of the woman with her hand in the air. The LÓreal X Balmain collab* would have to be one of the most exciting beauty launches last year and most recently in Australia.
💄Which one of these Balmain shades would you wear on a Saturday ? 💄Pink-toned Peach with Confession✨ Orangy with Fever ✨ Powerful Red with Domination ✨? Our lipstick collection is available in 12 unique mat shades #balmainxloreal #unitedinvincible #readmylips #mattelipstick #couturebeauty #purplelips #triberock #lippies #instamakeup #lipstickaddict @olivier_rousteing @balmain #regram from @pinky_xox
Olivier Rousteing, creative director of Balmain Paris collaborated with LÓreal to develop 12 couture matte lipstick shades that was all about empowering women. For me I loved all the marketing campaign as it featured a culturally diverse range of women, however it would have been great to include some models of different shapes and sizes- just saying…
Anyway, onto the lipstick swatches.
- Available in 12 shades- pinks and nudes to your bold reds, purples and blue
- Personally I don’t love the shades, I would have liked them to have been more wearable (which there are still plenty of options)
- I found the shade Confidence too light for me, and I didn’t like that it had glitter particles
- With the shade Glamazon I found it very similar to the L’Oreal Color Riche Matte in Greige Perfecto, however more grey and cool tone
- And with the shade Rebellion I found it applied a bit patchy, but it could be because my lips were a bit dry
- Retails for $24.95 AUD, however I have seen a few promotions at Chemist Warehouse featuring the lipsticks at half price
- The packaging is divine and unique
- The formula is the same as the L’Oreal Color Riche Matte range- which I love. I share a detailed review here, in case you want to check it out
Overall I liked the collection, but didn’t love. The red and nude shades are up my alley, but with my extensive lipstick collection I didn’t really feel the need to buy more. Hope you appreciate my honest feedback x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!