I had the lovely pleasure of trying the Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colors*, so of course I wanted to showcase all the shades for you. I haven’t really tried many Bobbi Brown products over the year, which is really odd considering they’re one of the first beauty brands to create and tailor products to darker skin folk like myself. Anyway I think this experience has made me eager to try more from the brand!
23 shades $46 each
About the Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color:
- Available in 23 shades- every shade you could pretty much ask for. They also have a few limited edition shades that they collaborated with social influencers. The last shade I’m wearing is limited edition.
- Retails for $46 AUD which is quite pricey but also on par with MAC lipsticks in Australia.
- The packaging is great, and the shape of the lipstick is perfection! I wouldn’t normally comment on the shape of the lipstick bullet but when applying them I actually found it so ridiculously easy. They are very pointed so you can apply the lipstick with precision.
- The formula is creamy, but also has good lasting power.
- The pigmentation is buildable. I expected them to be more pigmented with one swipe but was sadly disappointed. However the positive is you can create a subtle stain effect if you don’t want it to be too in your face.
- With the below swatches I had to swipe the lipstick on a few times- not a negative, I was just surprised that they didn’t come out as pigmented as they look in the tube.
Overall I really like the look and feel of these lipsticks. My favourites were Cabana (so out of my comfort zone) and Telluride. I also think Darling Dalaid is very similar to MAC Rebel. Comment below with your favourite shade x
Please check our my Facebook page and give me a like @rachelbeautystyle thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!