Lancôme did the sneaky and launched a new liquid highlighter called Custom Glow Drops* without really creating and fuss and hype around it. Or I could be the only person still living under a rock and didn’t hear anything about this exciting launch.
What is the Lancôme Custom Glow Drops?
- A lightweight, highly pigmented liquid highlighter that easily blends with foundation.
- Available in 4 shades for all skin types; Champagne Glow, Rose Glow, Golden Glow and Bronze Glow
- Retails for $50 AUD which is a lot cheaper than other highlighting drops on the market.
- The texture is a lot thicker than other highlighting drops on the market, more like a gel texture. The negative with the thicker texture is the dropper doesn’t work very well.
- I’m always a bit of a sceptic when it comes to mixing drops with my foundation, as I’m scared its going to change the longevity of my foundation. I was assured by the Education Manager the Glow Drops would not affect the longevity and let me tell you she was right.
- I prefer to mix about 1 to 2 drops with my foundation. I find my foundation lasts the same amount of time when mixed with the Glow Drops.
- I find that when I mix it with my foundation it doesn’t make me look more highlighted, or glossy but more of a healthy lit from within glow.
- The only negative I want to mention is the Bronze shade can make my foundation look a tad dark for me. Now that’s saying something since its always a struggle for me to find a foundation that matches me. So word of warning if you have fair skin, you have to be careful not to mix much of this with your foundation. Alternatively you can use it as a liquid bronzer.
- They also say you can use this on the eyes, or as blush- both of which I haven’t tried yet.
- Below I’m wearing the Bronze shade mixed with my foundation. I think I only added one drop of the Custom Drops.
So as you can see there’s a lot of pros but also some negatives to keep in mind. Even with the negatives I still prefer these Glow Drops over other liquid highlighters on the market.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!