A couple of weeks ago I brought you my review of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask*. I know you were all very keen for me to review the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask* but I didn’t want to rush into doing a review without properly trialling it. Having now trialled it for the past 6 to 8 weeks I’m ready to share my verdict.
What is the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask?
“A leave-on lip mask that soothes and moisturizes for smoother, more supple lips.”
- Lip Sleeping Mask has a softening balm texture that closely adheres to lips for quick absorption.
- Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, its Berry Mix Complex™ offers a nutritiously sweet and fragrant blend of raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and blueberry extracts to indulge the senses.
- Exclusive Moisture Wrap™ technology boasts hyaluronic acid and minerals to form a protective film over the lips to lock in moisture and active ingredients.
- A generous layer of this soothing mask at bedtime helps reduce flakiness so you can wake up to lips that feel refreshed, supple, and soft to the touch.
- Retails for $26 AUD or $20 USD
- Available from Sephora Australia, iherb, Style Story
- The smell, feel and texture reminds me of the Mecca Lip De Luscious but its cheaper which is even better! The Mecca lip balm retails for $32. The Mecca lip balm has always been a favourite of mine so its great that the Laneige lip mask is more affordable.
- The texture is creamy and not stiff and hard like other lip masks I’ve tried.
- Its smells a bit sweet but not overpowering.
- Leaves my lips looking glossy but not sticky.
- Can be used morning and night, but keep in mind there’s no SPF.
- I find the lip mask really hydrating but I wouldn’t say it’s a lip mask, I would say it’s a really good lip balm.
- I find if I use this at night on some mornings I still have a bit of moisture on my lips. But throughout the day my lips can still get a bit dry.
Don’t get me wrong it’s a great lip balm, not lip mask. If you’re after an intense lip mask you have to try the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. The texture is completely different but it really is an intense hydrating lip mask. I’ve purchased so many tubes over the years and can say it’s a very effective lip balm.
Hope you appreciate my honesty and understand why it took me a while to review it. I didn’t want to be harsh as there’s so much hype around this Lip Mask.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!