I think its fair to say we all break out from time to time and that’s when our trusty friend concealer comes in to help disguise any ugly blemishes. What if I told you, that there’s a concealer that not only covers breakouts but also helps heal them? Now, that I’ve got your attention let me introduce you to the new It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout*.
About It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout:
- It Cosmetics describes Bye Bye Breakout as, “specially created to be your revolutionary drying lotion and concealer in one”.
- Bye Bye Breakout Concealer is infused with anti-aging peptides and hydrolyzed collagen, plus high-performance ingredients including oil-absorbing zinc oxide, kaolin clay, witch hazel, colloidal oatmeal, tea tree, sulfur, and a gentle skin-transforming AHA/BHA complex.
- $42 AUD or $28USD
- Available in 7 shades, and the shades correspond with the IT cosmetics CC Cream range.
- Available now in Sephora Australia
Bye Bye Break out is also clinically tested, so here’s so pretty crazy statistics:
- 100% said it covered blemishes and acne
- 94% said it reduced the look of blemishes
- 94% said it improved skin clarity
So here’s the before. You can see there’s a blemish near the end of my eyebrow and a bit of pigmentation on my chin. I also have one near my lip, which you can’t really see in the photo but its there, I promise.
- I use the shade Rich which is a perfect match for my skin
- Lets talk packaging, cute small glass bottle, but why would they have a doffer applicator for something that is to be used on blemishes? How unhygienic. This concealer really should be in a squeezy tube like their other concealers.
- To apply I swipe some onto the back of my hand then use to finger to apply the product to my face and use either my finger or a damp Beauty Blender to blend it in.
- The texture is not as thick as their Bye Bye Under Eye but still thick and tacky which works great on the skin.
- It does dry down but I would recommend setting it with some powder.
- I would say its pretty full coverage. It covered my small breakouts on my skin and one near my hairline. Of course it wasn’t going to completely hide the one near my lip, but nothing would be able to hide it.
- In terms of helping to heal any breakout blemishes I say it does help. With my smaller breakouts I noticed when I removed my makeup at the end of the day that they were ready to be removed. With my larger ones, with consistent use of the concealer and a robust skincare routine, the size of the blemishes reduced dramatically.
- To clarify the ‘drying’ effect, it doesn’t dry my skin out or make me flaky but it someone does reduce the size of blemishes.
- Also I should comment on the smell. I can’t quite pin point it but I think it’s the tea tree oil. Its not overly fragrant but it is noticeable.
As you can see with the below photos, all discolouration on my chin is gone and you can’t see the blemish near by eyebrow or lip.
If you suffer breakouts like me, even if they are the occasional one I highly recommend you get one of these bad boys in your collection.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!