I’ve been lucky enough to try a few Ouai products over the past couple of months and if I’m completely honest I haven’t been wowed. Click here for my review of the Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam* and Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil*. But today lets talk about one of their newer products Memory Mist- what’s it all about?
What Ouai says about Memory Mist, “protect and perfect with Memory Mist, the high octane heat protectant that primes hair and locks in any style, shape or texture you create until your next shampoo. Memory polymer technology means less retouching, less restyling and less damage. Simply spray in sections on damp or dry hair before styling to shield strands from heat up to 450 degrees and lock in your look until you wash it next. If that sounds like magic, that’s because it is.”
- Available from Sephora Australia and US
- Retails for $28 USD and not available online at Sephora AUS, but I think its about $40 AUD
- I didn’t know much about this product, I thought it was a hair spray but fancy…. Upon reading the instructions I realised it was a heat protector, and what I describe as a ‘pre’ hair spray.
- I use it 2 ways. The first way I use it is after I wash my hair, I spray a bit of this in my wet hair before using my hair dryer. This is to use simply as a heat protector.
- The second way I use it is to help keep my waves for longer. I tend to wash my hair at night then sleep on it, then style it the following morning. On dry hair I spray this in my hair from root to tip then continue to style with my curling wand. I also then set the curls with normal hair spray after.
- I find when I use it to style my hair it really does help with keeping my hair looking wavy for longer. I’ve used Memory Mist in both photos.
- It doesn’t make your hair crunchy, but it does add texture and feels similar to a hair spray, but not as stiff.
- I find if I use this alone and don’t use hair spray to lock in the waves, it doesn’t really do much. It helps a little bit to hold a curl but you really need to still lock it in with hair spray.
- I’ve also used this on straightened hair but it doesn’t really do anything, so it’s no use wasting it.
Out of all the Ouai products I’ve tried, this has been my favourite. It really does work, but you need to make sure to still use hair spray. Also make sure when you do wash your hair you do a thorough wash, as there will be a build up of hair product.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!