Another day, another liquid lipstick launch. I know I know, I sense the eye rolls. I was like you and thought, how can there be anything new and exciting but for you I put the new Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink* liquid lipsticks to the test.
View this post on Instagram
Can’t wait to put these new @maybelline Matte Inks to the test. @nigelstanislaus said the only way to remove them is with an oil. Challenge accepted 🙌🏾 *gifted * * #motd #newrelease #maybelline #maybellineau #lipstick #lipstickswatch #liquidlipstick #cookiedoh #pricelinehaul #thebeautyprescription #makeup #makeupaddict #beauty #bblogger #bblogersau #ausbeautybabes #makeupreview #makeupmess #makeupporn #bloggersunitedau
- Available in stores now for $19.95 AUD.
- Comes in 10 shades, varying from nudes to reds and a few bright shades.
- The applicator is thinner and more pointed making it easier to apply.
- The application and opaqueness really does vary. I found with the bright colours, one swipe provided a decent opaque finish and was super easy to apply. But with the lighter shade it applied really streaky and didn’t look perfect when applied on me.
- Maybelline claims they last up to 16 hours. While I don’t wear lipstick or makeup for that long, I can promise you they last really well on the lips. The first time I tried them I went out for Italian and my bright red lipstick did not budge. Impressive!
- To remove it Nigel said you need to use an oil. When I did the lip swatches I thought, Micellar Water would be able to remove it- I was wrong. At a minimum you will need to use the Garnier Micellar Water with Oil, but honestly the most effective and fast way to remove them is with a cleansing oil.
- While it promises a matte finish you can see from the swatches they don’t dry down to a complete matte finish.
- It feels a bit tacky on the lips, but I promise it does not transfer at all.
- But most importantly, it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing chalk on your lips.
As you can see I’ve had a pretty positive experience with these liquid lipsticks. I think they’re worth trying out and would recommend going with the bolder shades.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!