The K-beauty trend has been growing in recent years in western countries as more people are starting to realise how youthful Asian skin looks. I haven’t really tried many K-beauty brands, but I have trialled their ‘whitening’ products and sheet masks and have been impressed so far. Then I kept seeing the Lanegie brand pop up, but its been a bit hard to get in Australia until recently. Lanegie is now available in Sephora both online and in store. Today I wanted to share my thoughts on their Laneige Water Sleeping Mask*, does it like up to the K-beauty hype?
What is the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask?
- “An overnight mask that gives the skin a lively, well-rested appearance the next morning thanks to its Sleep-tox purifying effect.”
- Light weight, cooling gel that you can leave on at night
- Contains antioxidant properties to purify the skin leaving it healthy and nourished
- Suitable for all skin types
- Retails for $40 AUD or $20 USD which I think is very affordable considering that Glam Glow Thirsty Mud is a little smaller and double the price.
- The packaging is big and sturdy, but has a luxe feel about it. It also has a spatula so you don’t contaminate the whole jar which is great.
- After cleansing my skin at night, I scoop a large amount using the spatula then apply to my face. I rub it in a bit without fully blending into the skin- does that make sense?
- Its not overly cooling, but it does feel refreshing and gel like. Very serum like texture.
- It becomes tacky quite quickly so you don’t need to worry about it moving around or slipping off your face.
- Smell wise, its not overly fragrant, but its lightly scented. I think it smells like water and cucumbers, think refreshing.
- I have worn this to bed and found the key is to apply it about an hour before bed so its not too sticky.
- Personally I prefer to apply it late afternoon or in the evening and wear it for a couple of hours before washing off and finishing off my skincare routine.
- If I do sleep with it on, I wake up to it being completely absorbed. But don’t be fooled, you have to cleanse properly to remove all the residue that has soaked in.
- The first time I used it, the next morning my skin looked more plump and hydrated but I also noticed a few small white heads.
- After regular use, once to twice a week I haven’t had any more white heads, but my skin is definitely feeling more hydrated.
Overall I think it’s a great hydrating mask for everyone to have in their collection. Its an affordable price point and I think the jar will last a really long time. My only concern would be if you have overly dry or dehydrated skin, I’m not sure if its still going to be hydrating enough. My recommendation would be to apply a hydrating serum first then the sleeping mask to really lock in that hydration.
Let me know if you want me to review the iconic Laneige Lip Mask in the pink jar x
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Alginate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, HYDROXYPROPYL BISPALMITAMIDE MEA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Alcohol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 42090.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!