If you’re a beauty addict like me I’m sure you’ve heard of Dose of Colors. Dose of Colors is a cult US beauty brand most known for their Liquid Lipsticks and more recently their eyeshadow palettes. Personally I’ve been dying to try their Liquid Lipsticks for years, but couldn’t justify the international shipping fees. But if you do your research and can hold off, they do tend to have some good deals around Black Friday and their birthday.
- Retails for $18 USD which is about $30 AUD
- Shipping to Australia is quite expensive
- The packaging is sleek and has a traditional doffer applicator
- They apply smoothly, but I do advise a lip liner for the brighter shades
- I find they take a while to dry down to a matte finish, which you’ll notice in some of the swatches below
- Once they are dry they have a true matte finish
- Not too drying on the lips
- They wear really well when you eat and drink, with minimal transfer
- I wore the shade Merlot to the Sephora Showcase then ate and drank all day and there was minimal movement
- Its super easy to reapply
- They’re not kiss proof. Basically Ben and I had some time to kill so we made out and the lipstick ended up all over my face, haha!!!
With the shades I selected, I’m not entirely happy which is why I wanted to share my swatches for you. Brick is my favourite and I’ve been wearing it all the time. Merlot is a lot more pink tone than I expected so I won’t be using it that often. Berry Me 2 is a lot more bright and vibrant than I expected so I won’t be able to use it all the time.
In terms of texture and longevity I’m really happy with it. I would totally consider buying some more, but I’ll probably research more swatches before purchasing.
In case you didn’t know, I have a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated it if you gave me a like! Thanks R x
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!