After countless months, the LÓreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation* has finally hit Australian shores! I was so keen to try this foundation after reading rave reviews in the US. So what’s all the fuss about?
About LÓreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation:
- $27.95 AUD or $12.95 USD
- Available in 6 shades in Australia and 12 shades in the US
- Targeted for dryer skin types
“L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation is enriched with Vitamin E. The hydrating formula keeps skin looking fresh all day long, while the lightweight formula offers superior bendability. This longwear, dewy, glow finish is great for normal to dry skin offering a medium coverage. SPF 15 protection. This dewy foundation shows that longwear can be anything but dull and never greasy.”
Below is my fresh face, no makeup.
- I won’t harp on about it, but the shade range is so disappointing. The darkest shade in Australia is 208- which is still too light for me. Because it is too light, I have to mix with the OG Lóreal True Match- please keep this in mind when I discuss my overall thoughts.
- The texture is extremely liquidy, so you need to give it a good shake before applying it. It reminds me of Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua, possibly thinner.
- As I’m oily/ combination I apply a mattifying primer. I’ve tried a few and they all work well with this foundation.
- To apply the foundation I’ve been using a Beauty Blender or Clarisonic Sonic Makeup Brush*. With the Beauty Blender you get a sheerer finish and if you use a brush or the Clarisonic Sonic Makeup Brush you’ll get more coverage.
- The coverage can vary from light to medium and is buildable.
- Because its so light weight it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey on the skin.
- I would say the finish is luminous but not overly dewy/ glowy. Possibly even on the demi-matte side, but a hint more glowy. This could be because I’ve had to mix the foundation so my results could vary.
- At the 5 hours mark I noticed a bit of luminosity but overall looking good.
- At the 7 hour mark I was noticeably oily in the t-zone and chin. My pores also looked a little enlarged.
- At the 11 hour mark I was very noticeably sweaty but makeup didn’t slip and slide.
- Keep in mind I’ve been trying this foundation in very warm weather. I also found if I was able to cool myself down even after the 11 hour mark my foundation wouldn’t look as sweaty and oily.
- This foundation also performs well with a setting spray but I wouldn’t say its an essential.
Here’s the foundation freshly applied. The lighting is not the best so I’ll also insert an Insta post where I’m wearing it x
View this post on Instagram
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how ridiculously bright my under eye area looks?! Click the link in the bio to check out my thoughts on the @beccacosmetics Bright Eyes Collection 😉 *gifted * * #motd #fotd #becca #sephora #sephorashowcase18 #newrelease #loreal #maybelline #benefit #hm #tarte #burberry #revlon #manicare #itcosmetics #makeup #makeupaddict #beauty #bblogger #bblogersau #ausbeautybabes #makeupreview #makeupmess #makeupporn #bloggersunitedau
Overall I think the foundation performed really well on my oily/ combo skin considering its targeted at dryer skin types. I also read a few reviews saying it doesn’t perform well on dry patches of skin. I don’t really have dry patches but I do get a flaky nose occasionally and didn’t have any issues.
Below is the foundation after 11 hours of wear on a hot humid day, and long walk home.
To be honest I was really happy with the finish and luminosity. I would wear this foundation on days that aren’t going to be too hot, when I want a luminous finish and going for that your skin but better look.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!