Hello lovely people,
One of my special followers reached out to me to share my nourish bowl recipe, you know who you are. To me a nourish bowl or buddha bowl is pretty much a bowl full of leftovers. You can put whatever you want in it and that’s just what I did with the bowl below. Disclaimer, this is not the healthiest nourish bowl, but you can put whatever you want and make it as healthy or as naughty as you want.
What you need:
- Coles Brown Rice and Quinoa (I find this is the best as it doesn’t bloat me like other brands)
- Cooked chicken
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Grated carrot
What you need to do:
- The Coles Brown Rice and Quinoa pouch contains surprisingly a lot. One pouch is more than enough for 3 lunches. To start off I divide it evenly into my Tupperware. When you go to eat the rice you need to put it in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Place you cooked chicken to one side. I’ve used my Cajun Chicken in the photo above but its also nice with Chicken and Soy Sauce and Garlic. It helps if you have some sauce/ juices to mix with the rice. Click here to check out my Cajun Chicken recipe.
- Add your roasted sweet potatoes.
- Mix some grated carrot. I only did this because I needed more vegetables.
- Avocado and hummus is my weakness. Typically I would use one or the other not both together but yolo!
So there you have it, super easy. One of my favourite things to include in my nourish bowls is sautéed kale. Kale used to scare me to cook but I now realise its so easy and tastes so much better cooked. If you want that recipe comment below.
Alternatively its nice to put some fresh spinach leaves and tomatoes in. If you eat canned tuna that would be a great alternative to chicken, or you can also put some friend tofu which would be delicious.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a nutritionist or health specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!