At the latest Sephora Showcase I was given a sneak preview to some exciting launches hitting Sephora soon. The one I was most excited about was from Becca. Becca has recently launched their Bright Eyes collection which contains of three different under-eye products. Normally this wouldn’t excite me but I had the pleasure of trying them first hand, and let me just say these are pretty dang good.
Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer
- $32 USD
- The Under Eye Primer is a cooling anti-fatigue under eye primer that preps the skin for smooth makeup application.
- Personally this wasn’t up my alley because I didn’t want to add too many steps to my already lengthy makeup routine.
- It includes matcha, cucumber, and caffeine to smooth and blur fine lines and wrinkles.
- To apply use your ring finger to warm up the product in the pot then when applying to your under eye, use a push and roll motion. Don’t rub or blend.
Under Eye Brightening Corrector*
- $50 AUD or $ 32 USD
- This is a salmon based, colour correcting and brightening corrector that has no coverage. It cancels out the blues and purples of the under-eye area.
- Available in 2 shades, light-medium and medium-dark. When speaking to the lady at Becca she said most people are the shade medium-dark, if you have even the slightest tan or olive skin go with the darker shade.
- When applying the brightening cream, use your ring finger, swirl in the pot, then massage/ warm up on your finger tips before applying to the under eye. Pat and push but don’t swipe.
- Can be applied on top of makeup or under makeup.
- I’ve been using this quite a bit and I can say it really does help brighten up the under eye. Its great to use on no makeup days as well when you want to reduce any discolouration under the eyes.
- I find that it does make my under eye concealer crease a bit because of the creamy texture. I guess I really should have tried the under eye primer.
Below I’m wearing both the Brightening Corrector and Setting Powder, and personally I can see that my under eyes are noticeably brighter.
Under Eye Brightening Setting Powder*
- $25 USD
- This setting powder is honestly the most finely milled powder I have every used- LEGIT! It feels like nothing when you touch it.
- I didn’t expect it to do much but when the lady applied the brightening cream on top of my makeup then finished it off with this powder, I was like OMG, this fixed up my creasing that I already had, brightened and set the new cream.
- I’ve been using this regularly as well and find its great at brightening without making my under eyes white. It also helps with creasing but doesn’t prevent all creasing.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how ridiculously bright my under eye area looks?! Click the link in the bio to check out my thoughts on the @beccacosmetics Bright Eyes Collection 😉 *gifted * * #motd #fotd #becca #sephora #sephorashowcase18 #newrelease #loreal #maybelline #benefit #hm #tarte #burberry #revlon #manicare #itcosmetics #makeup #makeupaddict #beauty #bblogger #bblogersau #ausbeautybabes #makeupreview #makeupmess #makeupporn #bloggersunitedau
Out of the three new products, if you had to try one I would say go with the Setting Powder. I know it’s a bit pricey, but with an under eye powder you don’t need much so it should last a long time. I can’t comment on its performance for baking as I don’t do baking but I think it would be great as its so finely milled.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!