You would have seen at the end of last year Clarisonic introduced their Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush*. Clarisonic explains it best, “Buff in product quickly and seamlessly with this unique brush head. Using patented oscillation technology to generate more than 18,000 micro-blends per minute, effortlessly create a full coverage.”
How I Use It and Overall Thoughts:
- Retails for $45 AUD and you should replace it every 3 months (I think).
- The foundation makeup brush is compatible with all Clarisonic face brushes: Mia 1, Mia 2, Mia FIT, and Smart Profile.
- Suitable for use with liquid, cream or stick formulas.
- When using it with my foundation, I prefer to apply the foundation directly to my face then use the Clarisonic foundation brush to buff it in.
- Using my Mia FIT I get two speed settings and both worth perfectly well with the foundation brush.
- I disregard the timer beeps, and just keep buffing each area until it looks seamless. You don’t need the whole 1 minute to blend in the foundation, I would say it takes about 40 seconds.
- It can look a bit streaky if you don’t buff for long enough so take your time and also if your brush isn’t clean.
- With that being said, I recommend washing it after the second or third use.
- The bristles are super soft and gentle, you don’t need to apply too much pressure at all.
- I would say the brush is equivalent to a dense buffing brush due more so to the speed then the actual brush density. Because it buffs so quickly it provides a more full coverage look but with less foundation.
- I’ve inserted a comparison photo below of my makeup applied with the Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush and a Beauty Blender.
- I also tried the brush with cream contour and I have to say I love it! I always tend to struggle with blending cream contour and end up looking muddy. With the sonic makeup brush it was so easy! It made blending a dream as it was so easy to control.
- It was also very easy to wash and they recommend you wash it after every use.
Below is the Lancôme foundation applied with the Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush.
Below is the Lancôme foundation applied with a Beauty Blender.
As you can see the finish of both the sonic makeup brush and beauty blender are identical. I don’t think one does a better job then the other. I’m actually quite surprised by how good the Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush is! I feel I’ll use it more for cream contour then for every day when applying my foundation. Pricewise yes it’s a bit more expensive then a Beauty Blender, but I also think the sonic makeup brush is more hygienic and you’ll have it for longer.
If you have a Clarisonic I think its worth picking up one of the foundation brush heads to try, but if you don’t own a Clarisonic I don’t think its an essential. And to all the makeup addicts, you’ll be pleased to know that Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist, Mario @makeupbymario raves about the Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush.
In case you didn’t know, I have a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated it if you gave me a like! Thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday and Thursday!