I’m late on the Fenty Beauty bandwagon, mainly because I was like I don’t need any more makeup. A couple of weeks later, a new foundation, eyeshadow palette and of course lipstick, I caved and picked up the STUNNA Lip Paint. But I blame the stunning @bymeneka for this purchase. With Christmas party season upon us I was like, I need a new lipstick. FYI, I don’t need new lipstick and will not need any new lipsticks for another 5 years. But I bought this because Meneka raved about its staying power. So here’s the verdict x
What Fenty Beauty says about the STUNNA Lip Paint, “Stunna Lip Paint combines high-impact colour with low-maintenance long-lasting wear in one head-turning shade of matte red, handpicked by Rihanna, that looks incredible on all skin tones. Equal parts class and sass, this lip paint goes from zero to 100 with one stroke of its lip-defining precision wand. Its serious 12-hour hold is so weightless you’d forget you’re wearing it if not for the non-stop compliments. And if that’s not enough, Stunna Lip Paint won’t feather, staying kissably smooth all day. In other words: it behaves so you don’t have to.”
- $36 AUD which personally I thought was quite reasonable and on par with other liquid lipsticks.
- Available from Sephora and Sephora online.
- Only available in one shade- a universally flattering red.
- The brush head is different to other lip brushes but works surprisingly well.
- Personally I would still apply a lip liner, but you don’t need to.
- The colour is so pigmented you don’t need much at all. You need to wipe off the excess then wipe it off again before applying.
- The texture is quite thin, but thick enough that you can still control the application.
- It takes a while to dry and has a semi matte finish.
- But even hours later its still a bit tacky and transfers onto drinking glasses, however the lipstick still looks perfect on the lips. Its honestly magic.
- After eating and drinking it still looks perfectly intact. I still think a straw is the way to go with this lipstick.
- There was a bit of wear in the middle of the lips, but not too noticeable.
- I tend to apply only once after eating, yet my lipstick still looks pretty perfect.
- However at the end of the day I notice a bit of feathering around the edges.
- The lipstick itself was really comfortable to wear and easy to reapply.
- Also its cruelty free!
Overall I really liked this liquid lipstick but I wouldn’t say it achieved all the claims. If you’re after a long wearing red lipstick, that’s not drying you should totally check this out.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!