When I saw that LÓreal* was launching mineral foundations, I thought could this be a dupe for my beloved Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation? Well I put it to the test and let’s just say my expectations were pretty high as I’m a big fan of their original True Match foundation.
About LÓreal True Match Mineral Foundation:
- Retails for $37.95 AUD
- Only available in 5 shades in Australia which is very disappointing. I’m wearing 4W Natural Beige and there is one shade darker.
- Some of the shades look like they have quite pink undertones.
- “L’Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Foundation is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals that protect and nourish the skin and while letting it breathe freely.”
Below is me with no makeup x
- The packaging is bulky, but light weight and hygienic. Overall I was quite happy with the packaging. It has a mesh opening similar to the Tarte foundation so you don’t get too much product on your brush.
- To apply I used a stiff buffing brush. I wish LÓreal released a brush with this foundation.
- I used the Maybelline Superstay 24HR Primer* to prime as that it what I use with the Tarte foundation, so I was hoping for similar results.
- To apply I dipped the brush into the powder and buffed into the skin.
- I found the coverage was quite impressive. I would say you could achieve medium coverage with this foundation.
- When I first applied it I noticed it has a powdery finish which is to be expected.
- The combination of the primer and foundation worked brilliantly. In the last photo, I had been wearing the foundation for about 6 hours and personally I think it looked better then when it was first applied. The foundation has very similar wear to the Tarte foundation, it looks better over time when your natural oils peak through.
Below is the foundation freshly applied.
Below is the foundation after about 6 hours.
Overall I was really impressed with the coverage and longevity of the foundation. I think it’s a great alternative option for the Tarte foundation. The only downside is the poor colour range in Australia.
So if you’re looking for a medium coverage foundation to wear every day and that looks better throughout the day then you should definitely try this x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!