Did you know the iconic Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h was reformulated in 2017? No, that’s ok. If I’m completely honest Lancôme makeup has never really been on my radar. But that changed when I was invited to a Lancôme x Clarisonic event and was introduced to the new and improved Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation*. When I saw the foundation in action and had it applied to myself, I was pretty impressed. But of course I wasn’t sold, I needed to try it myself. Lucky for me I was sent home with a full size bottle to try and review for you. As always, I’ll be honest and tell you the pros and cons (if any).
About Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation:
- Over 40 shades and from my understanding all shades are available in Australia as well. Big win!
- Retails for $57 AUD or $47 USD
- Lancôme states it’s a long wearing foundation promising 24 hours of wear
- It’s also advertised as a full coverage foundation (we’ll put that to the test)
- First off, I was so impressed that shade 8- Caramel was the perfect match for me! Yippee!
- Don’t try to buy the foundation online, the shade numbers are all over the place. Go in store and try before you buy.
- I tend to use 2 to 3 pumps of foundation with my Beauty Blender to achieve a medium to full ish coverage look. My skin has been really good so I don’t tend to need much foundation and could probably use even less.
- I wouldn’t say it’s not full full coverage. It looks like your skin but better.
- I always apply a primer and powder and with my oily/ combination skin and with the warm weather the foundation can last about 6 to 7 hours before I notice any oils. Personally, I don’t think I look oily, just luminous. I also noticed that my pores look a bit enlarged which doesn’t typically happen when I wear other foundations.
- I find if I use a setting spray the foundation lasts even longer. The Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray is my go to.
- I found if I got sweaty throughout the day, it was best to just let my body cool down and use a tissue to blot the excess oils after.
- After a full day wearing it, the foundation looked great. But if I was to look really closely, I noticed it did break down near my chin and nose (where I blotted, so it can be my fault
Overall I’m extremely impressed with this foundation. If I had this before my wedding I probably would have used this. I’ve also received so many compliments when I’ve been using this foundation- which has been a lot! So there you have it, its an amazing foundation! Reasonable price point, great colour range, luminous/ skin like finish and lasts really well throughout the day.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!