You all know my love for Retinol thanks to Ultraceuticals. But earlier this year I was introduced to Skin Doctors new potent vit. a ampoules* which are little capsules of Retinol. While I didn’t want to trial any new skincare before the wedding I thought it might be a good idea to use them on our honeymoon as they are travel friendly. So for the last 6 weeks I’ve been using them instead of my Ultraceuticals Ultra A.
Just a quick recap of why you should use Retinol or Vitamin A:
- Targeted at anti-aging but can also be used for people with blemish prone skin, uneven skin tone and pigmentation
- Helps hydrate and maintain collagen and elastin for firmer, smoother looking skin
- Improves the overall appearance of skin
- Retails for $59.99 for 50 x 3ml ampoules
- Love that they are all individually wrapped, makes it easy to take when travelling
- Contains 0.15% pure clinical Retinol
- The key difference I noticed between the capsules and the Ultraceuticals Ultra A was the texture. The capsules were more silicone feeling- not a negative, just noticed the texture was very different
- The capsules contain surprisingly a lot of product- more than enough for your whole face
- You need to moisturise after, but that’s normal with any Retinol
Overall I didn’t notice any difference in my skin which is not a negative at all. My skin has been looking its best ever thanks to Ultraceuticals so I was hesitant trying any new skincare. But using these capsules helped maintain my clear skin which is a massive achievement especially considering I travelled on quite a few planes which can cause havoc on my skin. So if you’re after a drugstore Retinol or looking at starting to use Retinol these are a great starting point. Skin Doctors is available from Priceline or via their website.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!