I’m sure all of you are familiar with the Bondi Sands brand, Australia’s number 1 tanning brand. But did you know they’ve just released their first suncare range? Perfect time with the warmer weather. Better yet they’ve introduced a Tanning Oil that also provides SPF, called Protect and Tan SPF 15 Tanning Oil* in the orange bottle.
I’ve tried this on and off since August and put it to the real test during our time in the Maldives. So here’s the verdict.
- The Protect and Tan SPF 15 Tanning Oil retails for $19.95 for 150ml
- Its lightly scented which is from the coconut oil which I personally really like
- It aas a spray nozzle that doesn’t really spray but shoots out more liquid. I’m not really describe it properly, but it provides a decent amount of product when you spray it….
- I disagree with its statement that its ‘non-greasy’. Its an oil so of course its going to be greasy, but I must admit its leaning more towards being a dry oil
- One of the qualms I have about the product is, its says reapply after prolonged periods of swimming, exercise and sun exposure. Personally I think that’s really vague… When we were in the Maldives I tended to reapply every 20 minutes or so as the SPF is quite low
- When I tried it before we went on holidays, I would use it when we would go on our walks and personally I didn’t notice any tanning benefits
- However when we were in the Maldives and I was in the sun for long periods of time I tanned really easily. Disclaimer I naturally tan quite easily so its hard to tell if this helps, but personally I think it did and it protected my skin
- On the plus side, its pretty easy to wash off and your skin actually feels nice and hydrated as opposed to being dried out when you spend a couple of hours in the sun.
So there you have it, a bit off a wiffle-waffle review. Its not a must have but its not a fail either. I think if you like to tan at the beach for long periods of time its well worth trying.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!