If you’re into natural skincare I’m sure you’ve heard of the brand Farmacy. Farmacy skincare is a relatively new brand that combines naturally derived ingredients with science. Farmacy is available in Australia via Sephora and now online.
One of their newer launches is their new Green Cleansing Balm*. Now this product got me really excited! I love a good cleansing balm and even better if it contains amazing ingredients. Farmacy describes their Green Cleansing Balm as, “a nourishing cleansing balm that erases makeup and gently lifts away impurities caused by pollution, it leaves the skin hydrated and silky smooth.”
- $34 USD or $46 AUD for 90ml
- I love that it has a little spatula so you don’t have to contaminate the product in the tub
- Less is more with this cleansing balm. About 5 cents worth is more than enough
- The moment the cleansing balm touches skin it literally melts and turns into a thick cleansing oil
- Because its a thick formula it makes it easier to massage into the skin
- Also the smell is divine. Reminds me of green apples but not overly fragrant
- It also doesn’t sting the eyes, however I don’t think it’s the most effective at removing eye makeup
- What’s great about this cleansing balm is it also emulsifies really well when you add water. It becomes really milky and you can use just water to remove the balm however I prefer to use a muslin cloth
- For base makeup I find its really effective at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling refreshed
Overall I’m quite impressed with this cleansing balm. The only down side is the lack of effectiveness at removing eye makeup but I can deal with that. Price wise I think it’s pretty reasonable and on par with the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. If I was to compare them both I would say they are pretty similar but the Farmacy Cleansing Balm has better ingredients and the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm is more effective at makeup removal. So it’s really a personal preference, what’s important to you?
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Peg-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Amino Esters-1, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Amber Powder, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/ Aqua/ Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!