A couple of weeks ago I had my first Omnilux treatment with my bestie Fay at Luna Beauty and Apothecary. In the lead up to my wedding I was hesitant trying any new skincare or treatment but Fay was insistent I have an Omnilux treatment. I did some more research and everything I read just raved about the results.
So what is Omnilux?
Omnilux is an LED light therapy that targets specific cells which are responsible for the synthesis and repair of the skin’s supportive structures, leading to a softening of fine lines and improved skin tone.
The initial effects you will see are a clearer, brighter and smoother complexion. After the course of treatments you will begin to notice an improvement in tone, clarity and texture. Studies have shown over 80% of subjects reported a softening of fine lines, and 75% reported improvement in skin softness and smoothness.
My Omnilux Experience
- Now I don’t know if the facial and Omnilux process is the same everywhere, so I’ll just tell you about my experience with Fay
- Fay started off with a double cleanse, a physical exfoliant and my there the Omnilux treatment
- With the Omnilux Fay advised me it would be a bright light. Everywhere I read also said it would be a bright light. But until you’re under the Omnilux light you don’t really understand how bright it is
- The only way I can describe it is, its so bright that I actually thought I would burn my eyes off. To clarify I did have eye goggles so I had added eye protection, but even then it was still so bright
- I actually panicked a bit and calmed myself down. If you’re claustrophobic this might not be suitable for you as the light goes around your whole face.
- After a couple of minutes, your eyes adjust to the light and its not as intense.
- The Omnilux treatment lasts 20 minutes. I don’t recall it being hot, or any burning sensation at all. The only thing I really remember is the intense brightness.
- After the Omnilux I can’t really remember the other steps but I think there was a face oil massage, steamer, jade roller and face mask.
- Immediately after the treatment my skin looked noticeably brighter. I’ve included a photo of my skin the following day
Since the treatment I noticed my acne scarring has gone down dramatically- especially that stubborn one near my nose. Any active blemishes came to the surface and has also cleared up a lot sooner.
Below is after my first treatment, skin looking much clearer.
Below is after my second treatment about 2 weeks later and OMG, look how much clearer my skin is! The acne scar is practically gone as well.
Overall I was really impressed with my experience with Omnilux. Fay charges $180 for a bespoke facial and the Omnilux treatment. I’ve done my research and let me just say that is very reasonable. On top of that ridiculously reasonable price, Fay provides the most amazing service. Now I didn’t get paid to say this and yes she is my bestie, but honestly that facial was one of the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot over the years. What’s special and unique about Fay is she tailors all the skincare for your skin needs, she provides the most amazing facial, neck, back and hand massage and she’s not pushy on the sale of products. She’ll obviously make recommendations as to get the best skin results its about your at home care but she will never push you into buying unnecessary products.
If you’re interested in getting a treatment with Fay at Luna Beauty & Apothecary make sure you tell her I sent you x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!