When Eco Tools launched their version of the Beauty Blender, Perfecting Blending Duo* I was so keen to try them! The reason why I was so excited to try them was because Eco Tools created EcoFoam Technology which means these sponges are made of 70% plant based materials. I hate the idea of throwing away a beauty sponge after 3 months, but now knowing these Eco Tools sponges are plant based and not harming the environment as much I don’t feel too bad throwing them away. Now the million dollar question, are these as good as the Beauty Blender?
- Retails for $19.99 AUD (much cheaper than the Beauty Blender)
- Comes in a duo pack, one large and one smaller sponge
- Can use wet or dry, but I prefer to use my sponges wet
- When you wet the sponge it expands a lot, making the dark green sponge a lot larger than the original Beauty Blender
- The texture is a lot more dense than the Beauty Blender making it more difficult to bounce the product onto the skin
- Because it is more dense I find it takes longer to blend the foundation in and you can’t use the round end around small crevices
- The flat surface actually comes in really handy and first perfectly under the eyes and nose area
- Overall the finish is just as good as the Beauty Blender but it does take longer to create a perfect base
Below, I’ve applied my makeup using the Eco Tools beauty sponge.
Personally I still prefer the Beauty Blender but still very impressed with the Eco Tools sponges. I love that it is environmentally friendly which makes me want to use it so much more. Have you tried the Eco Tools sponges? What’s your thoughts?
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!