Years ago I tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation* when I heard it was a dupe for the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation. And let me confirm for you that it is in fact a close dupe for the Chanel foundation. So when I heard that Bourjois was reformulating this already amazing foundation I was a bit hesitant. So what’s new about this foundation?
- Retails for $29.99
- New anti-fatigue formula, which contains a combination of Vitamins, C, E and B5, helps complexion look healthy and radiant
- Claims to last up to 16 hours and leaves skin feeling replenished
- Available in six shades in Australia. I use the shade Dark Beige which is the darkest shade in the range and it’s a tad light for me so I tend to mix with a darker foundation
- I like to apply it with a Beauty Blender or Buffing Brush
- The coverage is light to medium with a luminous finish
- Because it has a luminous finish, I prefer to use an oil controlling primer on my oily/ combo skin
- The foundation lasts really well on my skin, so long as I set it with powder. It lasts about 5 hours before some oils peak through, so quite normal for me
- It’s been so long since I’ve used the original foundation so I can’t compare it, however I really like this foundation
- Retails for $20
- Available in three shades in Australia. I use the shade Medium which is the middle shade in the range. It’s a bit too light for me so I should have gone with Dark, however I can make Medium work
- I love the doffer applicator, so clean and hygienic!
- In terms of coverage I think it’s on the light side
- Texture wise its creamy but sets well and lasts all day
- Personally I’ve been really disappointed by the concealer. Maybe its because the shade is too light, or maybe it’s because of the minimal coverage…
So there you have it, I love the foundation but the concealer is a miss. Have you tried the foundation and concealer? What’s your thoughts?
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday