Apologies in advance for all the hair care reviews. I’ve been experimenting a lot recently with my hair and I wanted to share my thoughts honestly with you all. Moving on to my latest find from Shu Uemura. I recently won an Instagram competition with Shu Uemura and was gifted their Urban Moisture Bento box, which is their sample/ gift pack of a few products from their Urban Moisture range.
In the pack I was gifted the following items:
Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
- First off, the packaging is so sleek and minimal. However the packaging is plastic which I thought was surprising since it’s not a cheap product. Then again I don’t think I’ve ever seen a shampoo or conditioner in glass….
- There’s no noticeable scent in the shampoo or conditioner
- The shampoo is a very thin and watery texture, which I was surprised since its meant to be adding hydration and moisture back into the hair
- The conditioner is thick and creamy like most conditioners, however it’s the thinnest I’ve ever used. I was actually quite impressed with the thin texture as I felt it wouldn’t weigh my hair down
Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Double Serum
- This hair serum is designed for protection from environmental stressors including pollution, dust, UV exposure, harsh water and temperature changes
- I made sure to shake it first so all the liquid could blend together and gave my hair a few spritzes while wet
- I liked that it was very thin and not oily like most hair serums
- I also found that this didn’t make my hair greasy
Shu Uemura Color Lustre Dry Cleaner
- This dry shampoo is from their colour hair range.
- I had high hopes for this but was deeply disappointed. It did absolutely nothing to absorb the oils from my hair.
While the products are on the pricey side, I must admit I’ve been impressed with the quality- except the Dry Shampoo. I love that their simple and fuss free with no fragrance. Better yet they don’t weigh my hair down or make my hair greasy. While I haven’t seen the long term benefits if it’s actually rehydrated or repaired my hair, I have been very impressed with this range.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!