The latest edition to the Maybelline Nudes range is The Rock Nudes* palette. About a year ago or longer, Maybelline introduced their Nudes eyeshadow palette. It was the drugstore’s answers to a go to neutral eyeshadow palette. Since it was first introduced, they’ve launched The Blushed Nude palette and more recently The Rock Nudes.
About The Rock Nudes Palette:
- Retails for $25.95 AUD or $11.99 USD
- Contains 12 eyeshadows
- The eyeshadows range from mauve tones, purples, one blue and a few grey tone eyeshadows
- There’s a mixture of shimmers and mattes
Here’s a few swatches using my finger, no eyeshadow brush.
- The palette is affordable for the Australian drugstore, but personally I think it’s still a bit pricey
- I was really excited by the blue shade but was extremely disappointed by the pigmentation. It wasn’t as vibrant as it was in the pan and was a bit patchy once applied on the lid- please see below
- The mattes were surprisingly pigmented but not the best quality
- Overall the eyeshadows were a bit patchy and lacked pigmentation
- The best way to apply the eyeshadows are with your finger. Using a flat shader brush didn’t pack a punch…
- In terms of the shade selection, you have to like these tones to want to buy it. Personally I would have preferred the original Nudes palette
As you can see I wasn’t to impressed with the palette. I’ve tried to like it but I’m sorry I just didn’t get along well with it. I have applied the shades with a flat brush and blending brush but no luck.
If you have any tips for this palette please let me know. I really want the blue to work but it was just so disappointing.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!