I had the lovely pleasure of being at the international launch of Antipodes new, Moisture-Boost Natural Lipsticks*. If you’ve been following the blog for a while, you’ll know I’m a big fan of the Antipodes skincare range, however I haven’t had the opportunity to try their makeup. Their makeup is sold through selected retailers such as David Jones.
About the Antipodes Moisture-Boost Natural Lipsticks*:
- Available in 12 shades, ranging from nudes, pinks, purples, oranges and reds
- Retails for $29 AUD
- The finish is a bit shiny- which you can see below from the swatches
- Made from natural ingredients, that you could almost eat the lipsticks!
- Key ingredients include; avocado oil, calendula, evening primrose, beeswax, shea butter, jojoba oil, vitamin E, argan oil
- Certified vegetarian
Here are some lipsticks swatches of the three Autumn shades. Please note all 12 shades are available in stores x
The moment I swatched Oriental Bay Plum, I thought it was a close dupe to the best selling MAC Rebel. Here’s a swatch of MAC Rebel, you decide. Is it a dupe?
- The lipstick is an interesting, rounded/ oval shape which is suprisingly easy to use
- The colour range is diverse
- The lipsticks are buildable. You can wear them sheer or wear them opaque as I’ve done in the above swatches
- They’re really hydrating on the lips, doesn’t tug when applying
- While they aren’t long lasting, they have a staining effect so they wear really well throughout the day
- No noticeable scent
Overall I’m really impressed with the quality. Personally I’ve found it hard to find good quality natural makeup, so I was pleasantly surprised that these lipsticks were so pigmented.
Did you know that over a lifetime, a woman may ingest as much as three kilos of lipstick into her body? Pretty crazy! With that being said I think we all need to be a bit more conscious of the ingredients that are in our beauty products as our skin is our largest living organ.
Also, I would really appreciate if you gave my Facebook page a like, at rachel beauty style. Thank you xx
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!