Have you heard of Hylamide? Maybe you’ve seen their best-selling product in the sleek white and pink bottle? Well today I bring to you my thoughts on their new product Pore Control*, targeted at pore minimising and controlling oils.
What Hylamide says about Pore Control, “a fast-acting multi-functional serum to reduce the looks of pores (number and surface), shine, congestion and dermal impurity.”
- Retails for $19.99
- On the packaging its recommended to apply morning and night, I only apply it in the morning as I use a different serum at night to target different skin needs
- The instructions say apply the serum before other hydrators and leave for 20 seconds. I cleanse, spritz some toner, apply Pore Control, towel dry or play around for 20 seconds then I continue with moisturiser and SPF
- I was expecting the texture to be a bit silicony for its pore minimising properties, but was surprisingly impressed by its liquidy gel texture
- I apply about a dropper full which is equivalent to about 5 cents worth
- After I finish my skincare routine I continue with makeup
- What I noticed immediately after using this was that my makeup sat better on the skin throughout the day and I was less oily, even while wearing sunscreen
- In terms of pore minimising I haven’t noticed much of a difference but it could be because I haven’t used it for that long
While I haven’t noticed any pore minimising benefits I’m still in love with this product as it does an awesome job at minimising my oil production. What’s great is you see the effects straight away! For all the oily gals out there, or anyone wanting their makeup to last longer throughout the day you need Pore Control in your life!
I’ve also just launched a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated if you give me a like! Thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!