I’m a little late on the Kylie Lip Kit bandwagon, but to be honest I didn’t want to wake up at a ridiculous hour to purchase them. So I waited patiently till they were all available and purchased at a reasonable hour. I then was screwed over as a week later she was offering free international delivery!!! Anyway lucky for all of us there is free international delivery till the end of the year, so I wanted to share my opinions and show you some swatches. Starting off I personally don’t like the shades I selected, they come out really different to what I expected. So hopefully the swatches help you all xx
- Each Lip Kit retails for $30USD which is equivalent to approximately $40AUD, but that includes the liquid lipstick and lip liner
- The lip liners are beautiful and creamy, love love love! I think she should release these in a jumbo lip pencil format
- The liquid lipsticks are really thin yet surprisingly apply opaque. Yes they are drying, but not as drying as other liquid lipsticks
- In terms of staying power when applied together they last pretty well through food and drinks. But I think Jeffree Star and Kat Von D last better on the lips…
- I’ve also found they crumble a bit throughout the day making it hard to reapply, or reapplying is making it crumble? Catch 22!
Below are the lip swatches…
Brown Sugar is a bit flatter than I expected. I think it would be beautiful on fairer skin tones, personally I found it did nothing for me.
Ginger is a 90’s brown with a peach tinge to it. Probably my fave out of the three I purchased.
With 22 I was disappointed that it wasn’t as vibrant, however in the photo it does look really bright but its honestly not that bright in real life. This is quite a unique and risky shade as it swatches completely differently on every one.
While I think the formula is great, I’m on the fence on purchasing more. I think the shades are great, but I’m honestly so confused, do I need more lipsticks? I think I may just get the Liquid Lipstick singles, but I do really like the lip liners… Tell me below what your favourite shades are x
I’ve also just launched a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated if you give me a like! Thanks R x
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!