I’m a bit late on the K Beauty Bandwagon… From my understanding K Beauty is all about products that are gentle, natural/ meets technology. Recently I’ve noticed that mainstream brands such as Lancome are introducing products in line with the K Beauty philosophy. One new and exciting launch being their; Lancome Energie De Vie Overnight Recovery Sleeping Mask* which contains French Melissa, Goji Beerry and Gentain.
What Lancome says about the Sleeping Mask, “this Melt-In Sleeping Mask deeply hydrates skin, creating a healthy-looking glow and a refined texture as you sleep. In a fascinating journey of the senses, this cooling formula infuses skin with an instant burst of deliciously invigorating freshness and a natural fragrance. Instantly, its refreshing texture decreases skin’s temperature to help prime the skin for optimal night time conditions. During the night, the formula melts into skin to help reinforce skin’s barrier and maintain an ideal hydration level. In the morning, skin looks hydrated, glowy, and plumped-up.”
- Retails for $80 for 75 ml.
- Can be used as an evening moisturiser or overnight mask for intense hydration.
- The texture is quite unique, reminding me of a silicone primer but silkier.
- What’s unique about this sleeping mask is, it dries quite quickly so you can actually sleep with it on without worrying it’s going to get all over your pillow case.
- I really like it as an evening moisturiser. I apply about a pea size and massage into my skin. When I wake up I’m left with visibly hydrated skin without making me oily.
- When using it as a face mask for intense hydration I apply quite a bit so I can still see it. I leave the mask on for about 20 minutes then wash off with a warm cloth. My skin is left feeling hydrated, however I always feel the need to hydrate and layer on the serums and moisturisers afterwards. I think this is a great starting point when you need intense hydration and to follow up with serums and moisturisers.
I really liked this mask but it’s not a favourite of mine as hydration is not a major concern for me. If you have dry, dehydrated or mature skin than you should definitely check out this Sleeping Mask. Personally I prefer to use this as an evening moisturiser on top of my serums.
I’ve also just launched a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated if you give me a like! Thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!