After hearing great reviews of the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation I knew I had to try it! This new release Tarte foundation is not available in Sephora Australia, with no confirmed launched date at this stage. I purchased this online from the Tarte website.
What Tarte says about the foundation, “A lightweight, full coverage hydrating foundation infused with tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen.”
- Retails for AUD $67.50 or USD $39
- 12 shades in the range
- Available from Tarte.com or Sephora
How I apply the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation:
- Apply primer as usual. I’ve used a variety of primers and the foundation worked well with all primers.
- When applying with a damp Beauty Blender I needed to use about 7 droppers’ worth of foundation to achieve a medium coverage look.
- I’ve also used it with a Buffing Brush and only needed about 2 droppers’ worth to achieve a medium coverage look.
Below, is no makeup.
Below, is the Tarte foundation applied with a damp Beauty Blender.
Overall Thoughts on the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation:
- Applies well with both the Buffing Brush and Beauty Blender, but prefer the brush because you use less product
- Feels like water, super light weight
- Sets semi matte
- Light to medium coverage but definitely buildable
- The colour range is poor and does not align with the existing Tarte foundations
- I’m normally Tan Sand with Tarte foundations and bought Tan Sand in the Sea Water Foundation but it’s still a tad light- really disappointed about this
- Lasts really well on my oily skin throughout the day. Natural oils show through after about 6 hours
- When using a powder to set it can look a tad cakey, so less is more with powder
Below is the final look, with bronzer, blush etc…
Overall I’m pretty happy with the look, feel and staying power of this foundation. It’s not a favourite, mainly due to me having the wrong shade. I’m so disappointed that the shade range is not aligned with the existing Tarte foundation names. This foundation with be suitable for all skin types, however keep in mind it does have a semi matte finish.
Below, is after a couple of hours of wear. You can see the natural oils peak through.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!