I recently brought you my review of the Anastasia Cream Contour Kit*, now I bring you a drugstore alternative, the LÓreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette*. I was super keen to try the LÓreal palette as I’m all about drugstore products! But let’s see if its any good…
- Retails for $29.95
- Available in 2 shades, 01 Light and 03 Medium
- In both palettes they contain a highlight shade and a contour shade
- Cream to powder texture
How I Use the LÓreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette:
- Apply foundation as usual
- I used the 03 Medium palette
- Using a fluffy brush I applied the highlight shade under my eyes and a little on my chin as per the instructions (I didn’t want to do my forehead as I had some active breakouts)
- Then using a clean fluffy brush I applied the contour shade onto the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jawline
- Using the same brush to apply my contour I blended the contour out using circular motions
- Using a damp Beauty Blender I blended out the highlight and tidied up my contour
- I then finish off with some concealer, powder, blush and bronzer
- I found that the LÓreal palette was a lot more creamier than the Anastasia palette
- The contour shade was not dark enough for me and came out more like a bronzer on my skin tone
- The highlight shade was beautiful and did what it said, highlight
- Lasted well throughout the day with powder to set the cream
- Personally I didn’t notice it change to a powder formula as per the description
Overall I liked this product but didn’t love it, but that was because it’s a tad light for me. If you have fairer skin and want a drugstore contour palette then you should definitely try this out. The quality was amazing and super easy to use for newbies like me. I also used the LÓreal Infallible Blush Scuplt Trio* in Nude and OMG its really pigmented and quite sparkly so use a gentle hand.
I’ve also just launched a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated if you give me a like! Thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!