Hopefully I’m not alone in saying I’m completely new to contouring. I’ve always found it a little daunting, honestly I didn’t want to spend too much on a fad and the shades are typically too light for me to contour. Lucky for me I was gifted the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit* in Light. Even being a newbie to contouring I know Anastasia Beverly Hills is the way to go!
About the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit*
- Retails for $70 from Sephora Australia
- Available in 2 shades, light and medium
- Both palettes contain 3 highlighting shades and 3 contour shades
How I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit:
- Apply foundation as usual
- Using a fluffy brush I applied the Banana shade to my under eye area to create a more highlighted effect
- Using a different clean fluffy brush I applied the darker contouring shade Java to the hollows of my cheeks, a bit on the temples and on my jaw line
- Using a damp Beauty Blender I blended out the Banana Shade
- Using the fluffy brush that I applied my contour with I blended the shade using circular motions
- If you get a bit messy using the damn Beauty Blender around the edges to soften the contour
- After I’m happy with the look, I applied some concealer under my eye- keep in mind the Anastasia Banana shade is only a highlighter not a concealer
- I then set the rest of my face with some powder and I’m done
I found it was difficult to get product on the brush however it was really easy to blend out on the face. Overall I didn’t notice much difference in terms of the contour, but I think the shade was still a tad light for me. I think if you have fairer skin the Light kit would be perfect! However the Banana shade did an awesome job with highlighting my face, I definitely looked more awake. I was also concerned my makeup might not last well since I don’t usually use cream products however I had no issues. I think it was because I then layered powder and bronzer on top. Overall really impressed with the quality and think the palette is worth the money. Anastasia Beverly Hills is available online and Sephora Australia.
Here’s another makeup look using the Anastasia Contour Kit. I went a bit heavier with the contour and highlight.
I’ve also just launched a Facebook page @rachelbeautystyle and would really appreciated if you give me a like! Thanks R x
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!