NARS Sheer Glow Foundation has been a cult favourite for beauty bloggers for years now. This used to be my go to foundation for yonks, until I kinda just stopped using it, I don’t know why… Anyway I got a little bored with my existing foundations and decided to try this again and see if it still lives up to the hype.
I’m the colour Syracuse, which is one of the medium/ darkest shades. In Australia, NARS is available in Mecca Cosmetica. Mecca stock 19 shades, so there should be a match for everyone! The foundation retails for $67 and you need to buy a pump which is an extra $5 or so. While this is a pricey foundation, when I used this every day, the foundation probably lasted me 6 to 12 months.
How to apply NARS Sheer Glow Foundation?
- I then pump one pump of foundation onto my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and blend in circular motions
- The key with this foundation is to really spend the time working it in, to avoid streaks
- If I need extra coverage I tend to use an additional half to full pump
- If I need to add more coverage usually an additional half a pump is enough
- Medium coverage but it is buildable- skin still shows through, but majority of discolouration or pigmentation is covered
- I apply a bit of MAC Prolong Wear Concealer to cover any blemishes or imperfections that the foundation isn’t able to cover
- Dewy finish. There is a matte version, however I have been advised it is quite difficult to work with
- You can wear this foundation without a primer, but you will get shiny throughout the day (well I do with my oily skin). It also contains mineral oils which may break you out if you don’t prime beforehand
- The primers that work well with this foundation:
- I tend to powder and prefer the Coty Air Spun or MAC Studio Careblend Powder if I need more coverage
- My friend just used this for a wedding and set it with the Urban Decay Setting Spray. She said it lasted all day and night with minimal oiliness.
I typically can go 5 hours before blotting and touching up with powder.
Overall I love the finish of this foundation. The coverage is the perfect amount; that it covers imperfections but allows my natural skin to show through. There is a bit of flash back with this foundation, due to the SPF 15+ but nothing a filter can’t fix.
I have recommended this foundation to a friend that has a similar skin type as me (oily- combination); however she has said the foundation doesn’t last all day. She did also say when she wears it at night and takes photos she gets quite washed out, however it’s not a major issue with me. It could be because she is quite fair (she uses Monte Blanc, which is the lightest shade), and she doesn’t use as much bronzer as I do.
So before you go out and buy it, I highly recommend you try it for a full day before you decide to purchase it. NARS is available only at Mecca Cosmetica in Australia and they provide samples, so definitely ask for a sample.
I highly recommend it for anyone with normal or dry skin. While I don’t wear this foundation every day, I’ve recently fallen back in love with it! The finish is gorgeous and makes me to glowy and healthy!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!